Ko‘rishlar soni 338,413
Tesla is full steam ahead, back at it making cars, which is a double-edged sword. The Model Y is being delivered with lots of issues.
► My Favorite Tesla Model Y Accessories: bit.ly/3cFR3Gg
► Model Y Tow Hitch: bit.ly/2yc5Idp
► Jeda Dock & Charging Pad: bit.ly/3bJPSUY
► Teslcacam by Pure Tesla: bit.ly/3e6ja1Z
► Email Me: firstname.lastname@example.org
► Model Y Paint Issues: uzpost.info/vision/video/sd-rxdR8dn6kpXk.html
► Receive FREE Supercharging credit when you order a Tesla using my referral link ➡️ts.la/ryan51525
► How I Film My Videos: amzn.to/30lwfi4 , amzn.to/2slSKqy
► How I Film Drone Shots: amzn.to/2NkEDc9
► How I Record Audio: amzn.to/2uCOPWV
► The Mic I Use: amzn.to/2QJM130
► Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks: amzn.to/39Zlp5E
► Try Amazon Prime for FREE: amzn.to/30dM2ze
► Try Robinhood and Get a FREE Stock: join.robinhood.com/ryans845
► Exclusive Bluehost Web Hosting Discount: www.bluehost.com/track/ryanshaw/
Bottom line: Tesla delivers cars with issues. Their quality control isn’t the best, and almost nobody will argue that point. For most owners, the overall experience is great, and well worth it to have the best electric cars with features like autopilot.
There are many Model Y Issues, and Model Y Problems. Tesla’s Answer to this is Service appointments.
At my first appointment:
There were a couple of areas around the car where paint was missing.
To fix this, Tesla actually ended up sending it to a contracted paint shop to fix the issues. They fixed it, but left some swirl marks.
2. The second issue I had was the rear seat alignment. It’s pretty clear that the right seat sits further forward, at a different angle, and higher.
Tesla told me that they don’t have a fix for this yet, since the new Model Y was so new.
3. The trim on the top, connecting to the glass roof came kind of loose, and seemed to not be adhered correctly.
Tesla tried to fix this, but overall it just kind of ended up being the same.
The first thing I tried to fix at my next service appointment again was the rear seat alignment.
Again, same issue. Tesla said that they don’t have a fix for this issue yet. Pretty frustrating.
2. The second Model Y issue I was having was that the frunk was showing that it was open, when it wasn’t.
Tesla replaced the sensor and the latch for the front trunk. The issue has come back though…
3. The third issue I had was when the window didn’t roll down properly. It caused a gash on the trim from not rolling down.
Tesla replaced the trim for free, and it looks good, except the back kind of has this new gap, so yeah…it’s fixed, but also worse back here? I’ll probably mention it at another appointment.
4. The fourth issue I had was that the rear headrests would squeak whenever I hit a bump.
Tesla fixed it!
5. The fifth issue was a rattle in the rear seats. Since they aren’t aligned properly, they buzz together when I hit a bump.
Tesla again said they couldn’t fix this, but this time said they do have a solution, that is being shipped.
6. I mentioned to Tesla that the car kind of has this settling sound when the car is any amount of uneven, going into a steep driveway or anything.
I actually forgot about this issues, and don’t think Tesla addressed it, because it is still there.
7. The front headlight had this issue where it would push in really easily. I noticed it when I was washing the car, and it wasn’t the same on the other side.
Tesla fixed this, but it was still there when I saw it. Then I pressed on it, and it fixed it?
About an hour after the appointment, I noticed that this trim wasn’t aligned correctly, at the driver’s side, and that there was some kind of stain on the back of the rear seat.
However, there will always be exceptions. I’ve seen plenty of people on Twitter, who own multiple Teslas, and have gotten fed up with their service.
If you’re planning to buy a Model Y, or are taking delivery soon, here is what I would look out for.
First, if you’re picky about fit and finish, check out a Model Y in person. If it’s good, you can always reject delivery if it doesn’t live up to your expectations.
Second, If you think the good will outweigh the bad for you, which I personally think would be the case for most people, here’s what to check for when taking delivery to ensure they have it on record.
The rear seat alignment that I mentioned Is a common Tesla Model Y problem
Paint issues, mostly where it is missing like it was for me.
Noises and buzzes while driving
Ensure that the rear seats collapse properly when you press the buttons in the rear.
Ensure that the trunk opens and closes properly.
Look for any scratches on the plastic in the car.
Look for any areas where the trim isn’t applied properly to the roof.
Make sure that the drivers side window functions properly.